Les aidants au cœur de nos actions (Caregivers at the heart of our actions)
La Maison soutien aux aidants strives to connect with caregivers of seniors early on to prevent them from experiencing burnout. The Caregivers at the heart of our actions program focuses on the personalization of services offered with a view to meeting the specific needs of caregivers who take part in the activities.
Therefore, male caregivers, anglophone caregivers, working caregivers and all caregivers will find a response to their needs at a time that suits them.
The services offered as part of the project deployed by La Maison soutien aux aidants include:
- individual psychosocial support in the day and evening based on caregivers’ needs;
- themed workshops and trainings for working caregivers;
- workshops and themed trainings based on the needs of participating caregivers;
- S’aider pour aider l’autre (Help yourself to help someone else) training for the caregiver and
the person receiving care;
- drop-in respite service on the weekend.
On request, respite is offered at home or in the drop-in centre when a caregiver wants to participate in an activity organized by La Maison soutien aux aidants.