À l'écoute des aidants (Listening to Caregivers)
Through the Listening to Caregivers project, the Centre d’action bénévole du grand Châteauguay provides services directly to caregivers of seniors, in both languages. The organization is striving to improve caregivers’ quality of life and help them continue their support role with their loved one who is experiencing loss of autonomy. In addition, the organization provides services and activities specifically for male caregivers and working caregivers. The services offered as part of the project include:
- Information sessions designed to help caregivers recognize themselves as caregivers and
to inform them about the various services that they can obtain;
- Training sessions (4) delivered by professionals, designed to help caregivers of seniors
develop knowledge and skills that will serve them throughout their caregiving journey;
- Training sessions (2) that focus on preventing burnout, offered during the day and in the
- Coffee-talks around themes that bring together caregivers, break their isolation and enable
them to share with one another.
For male caregivers
- Talks and coffee-talks with themes and facilitation tailored to male caregivers, to give them a place to talk and share;
For working caregivers
- Happy-hour events hosted by health professionals to address the many questions that arise
about caregiving while balancing work and family life, to connect with working caregivers;
- Coffee-talks in the evening addressing topics identified by working caregivers.
The services are available in six municipalities: Châteauguay, Léry, Mercier, Saint-Isidore,
Sainte-Martine and Saint-Urbain-Premier.