What is emergency respite? This is a flexible and last-minute respite service provided to caregivers. With only 48 hours’ notice, a respite/stimulation attendant will be contacted to provide unplanned respite without which the caregiver could be prevented from receiving a medical service, etc. Emergency respite includes the following activities:
- Medical appointment (physician, chiropractor, optometrist, physiotherapist, massage, x-ray, etc.);
- Day surgery;
- Short-term hospitalization that could require seven hours of respite per day;
- Return to work required for a period of less than three months;
- Professional obligation;
- Vacation (respite of seven hours per day);
- Need for a good night’s rest.
- Injury that prevents them from looking after the care receiver.
For information, please contact the Alzheimer Society at 418-968-4625 (Sept Rivières RCM), CSAD de la Haute-Côte-Nord (Haute-Côte-Nord RCM) at 418-587-6877, Coopérative Aspire-Tout (Manicouagan RCM) at 418-589-2753 and CSAD de Minganie (Minganie RCM) at 418-538-5128.