Proposé par Coasters Association Inc.
When seniors become frail and are cared for at home, a substantial part of that care falls to family members (particularly spouses and children), and friends and neighbours. There is no doubt that with an aging population and the continuing rise of chronic health conditions, we will be relying on informal caregivers more than ever before. But how will it affect them, especially as the number and size of families is decreasing. The needs of family caregivers often go unnoticed, and there is often little or no routine to assess of caregiver's well-being and caregivers often report high levels of burdon, stress, and their own well-being and social activities are non-existant. Family caregivers often lack a support network and this is even more noticeable in small rural communities. Through support measures this project intends to address the needs of family caregivers, as well as raise awareness of the important role they play in the home and in the community. This will be done through an awareness campagin and activities carried out during caregivers week. Targeted Objectives
- Provide access to information through an awareness campaign (directed to caregivers and the local population)
- Recognize caregivers for their services and dedication (caregivers week)
- Local population will be informed, thus engaging them
- Increase access to knowledge and information to aid in caregivers having a healthier lifestyle, increase access to support systems, increase community support improve opportunities for social engagement and discussions
- Caregivers are empowered and recognized (caregivers’ week)
- Communities and seniors and caregivers have increased awareness of Alzheimer’s disease, related dementias, seniors abuse, etc...
Information: Priscilla Fequet Griffin | 418 379-2006 or email@example.com